Ben has worked in various roles across an array of industries, and lived to tell the tale. He can recount stories of being:
- The television production technician who worked on a live news broadcast through a tornado
- The twenty-five-year-old who rocketed to the position of Head of Department in a multi-million-dollar Internet start-up
- The editor who coaxed an author into accepting major changes to a manuscript that would become a best-selling book,
- The lecturer who helped a foreign student with a vocabulary of only three English words become fluent enough to confidently attend university classes, and
- The non-medical professional who conducted classes for doctors on research writing, provided consultancy for research projects, and reviewed health professions education research grant proposals.
Ben has had the privilege of working alongside a diverse range of people (from interns and fresh graduates to mature professionals and PhD-holders) through the various leadership positions he has held. A firm believer in lifelong learning, he has made considerable investments into developing his competencies to build and lead high-performing teams.
Ben’s personal leadership development journey eventually introduced him to coaching. The principles behind coaching resonated with him, prompting him to take up training to become a coach. He started coaching in 2016 and is currently pursuing International Coach Federation certification to refine his coaching skills.